Born 1n 1962 in a family rich in cultural heritage, Fawad Tamkanat has strived throughout his career to develop his unique visual style of narrative which is amenable to both traditional as well as contemporary sensibilities. University gold medallist both for BFA at JNTU & MFA at University of Hyderabad, Fawad Tamkanat has held numerous solo shows in India and abroad and has also participated in state, national and international exhibitions and group shows at major art centres. Early in his career, he was very interested with printmaking & launched his own professional exhibitions displaying monochromatic prints. Now he straddles several different media and surfaces, diversifying to include even those like watercolours, acrylic, tarpaulin & etching dry point in his portfolio.
UntitledFawad TamkanatFigurative24" x 51"
UntitledFawad TamkanatFigurative, Realism54" x 30"
UntitledFawad TamkanatRealism, Cityscapes48" x 36"
UntitledFawad TamkanatAbstract, Contemporary36" x 48"
UntitledFawad TamkanatAbstract, Contemporary44" x 33"
UntitledFawad TamkanatAbstract, Contemporary43" x 41"
- 1990 University Gold Medal, Master of Fine Arts(Painting), S.N.S. Central University of Hyderabad
- 1986 University Gold Medal, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting), Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University(JNTU) College of Fine Arts, Hyderabad
- Recipient of Cultural Scholarship (Ministry of Human resources)
- 2012-13 Jamaat, Mumbai
- 2003 Gallery Dengule Guard, Denmark
- 2001 Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- 2001 Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2001 Kirsten Kjaer Museum, Denmark
- 2000 Gallery Pialeh Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2000 Tao Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2000 Shridharani Art Gallery, New Delhi
- 1999 Bredsten, Denmark
- 1999 Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1999 Vingsted Centre Gallery, Denmark
- 1999 Cobra Gallery, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1999 Graphic prints, New Delhi
- 1999 Graphic Prints, Hyderabad
- 1999 Minaz Art gallery, Hyderabad
- 1996 Vingsted Centre Gallery, Denmark
- 1996 Minaz Art gallery, Hyderabad
- 1996 Hyderabad ICRISET Club
- 1995 ABC Art Gallery, Varanasi
- 1993 Gallery Escape, New Delhi
- 2009 'Entity', in association with Asian Academy of Film & TV at M.E.C. Art Gallery, New Delhi
- 2009 Gallery Space, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- 2008 'Stellar Configuration', presented by Vinnyasa Premier Art Gallery, Chennai
- 2008 'Urban Landscapes', Galleria, New Delhi
- 2007 'First Person Narrative', Hasta Gallery, Hyderabad
- 2007 'Rising Of The Phoneix: A Tribute To Livelihood', Hasta Gallery, Hyderabad
- 2005 ‘Collective Spaces 05 ‘,M.E.C. Art Gallery New Delhi.
- 2004 Hvidovre Radhus, Hvidovre, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2004 Aaskov Kommune's Kunstforening, Aaskov, Jutland.
- 2003 ‘Homage To Bhupen Khakhar’, M.E.C. Art Gallery New Delhi.
- 2003 DHL World Wide Express Gallery, Denmark
- 2003 Kunstforening Detny Kastet Thisted, Denmark
- 2003 Teko Centre Gallery, Denmark
- 2003 Pakhuset Gallery, Denmark
- 2003 Esbjerg Museum (Musikhuset), Denmark
- 2003 Kunstbrenderiet, Vejle, Denmark
- 2003 'Crosscurrent' (Indian Danish Painters Meet), New Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai
- 2002 'Tribute to Picasso', Mumbai
- 2002 'Edge of the Century', New Delhi
- 2002 'Moods' (Indian Danish painters), Denmark
- 2002 'Tradition to Modernity Fulda', Germany
- 2002 'Crosscurrent' (Indian Danish Painters Meet), Tao Gallery, Mumbai
- 2001 'Self Portraits', curated by Harsh Goenka, National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), Mumbai
- 2000 'Rooprekha’, Drawing Show, Hyderabad
- 2000 'Edge of the Century', New Delhi
- 2000,01 Indian Print makers, curated by Cymroza Art gallery, Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi
- 1999,2000,01,02 Art Access Week, Birla Century Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1999,2000,01 Harmony Show, Mumbai
- 1999 'Four Indian Artists', Curated by Muller and Plate, Munich, Germany
- 1999 ‘Black and White’, Drawings and Prints, Hyderabad
- 1999 Genesis Alliance Francaise, Goa
- 1999 Genesis Alliance Francaise, Hyderabad
- 1999 Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Mumbai
- 1998 Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Mumbai
- 1997 'Human Forum and Art' , Lalit Kala Academy
- 1997 Group International Graphic Show, Hyderabad
- 1996 'Women in India Art', Curated by Apparao Gallery - Singapore, Hong Kong and New York
- 1994 'Indian Encounter', Curated by Apparao Gallery, New York
- 1993 Direction I the Gallery, Chennai
- 1992 Gallery Escape, New Delhi 1990 Maxmuller Bhavan, Hyderabad