Simple but evocative, Born in 1973 in Chennai, India R Karthikeyan is a self taught artist. Karthikeyan Ratinavelu, popularly known as karthi in the art world, started his journey in the world of art with traditional chariot, wood carvings and temple stone carvings. With deep involvement in this medium, he experimented in it to a great extent. He explored further deeply & brought great union of traditional art over paper and canvas without disturbing the depth and value of tradition. His works are inspired from tress, birds, leaves, flowers.
His current favourite topic is the Tree of Life and he’s experimented a lot in this as well, highlighting various aspects with great detail. His works have been showcased and appreciated at various national and international platforms.
- 2019 ‘Easel Stories’ India Art Festival Delhi
- 2019 Communal Aesthetics Gnani arts Singapore
- 2018-19 Master of South, Art Spice Gallery, Metropolitan Hotel, Delhi
- 2018 ‘Art Spice’ India Art Festival Delhi
- 2018 Mumbai Art Fair
- 2018 Lalit Kala Akademi International Kala Mela, Delhi
- 2017 Pondicherry Art Academy
- 2016 Ambrosia Art Gallery, Chennai
- 2016 17th Affordable Art Show, Chennai
- 2013 Impasto, Lalit Kala Akademi, Chennai
- 2013 Art Houz, Chennai
- 2012 Renaissance Art Gallery, Bangalore
- 2012 Thane Art Show, Lalit Kala Akademi, Chennai