Born in 1934, Shankar Ghosh commenced his formal artistic training in 1951, at the Indian Art College and thereafter continued at the Government College of Art & Craft, Calcutta from 1952 to 1957.
Shankar Ghosh's works have been commended for their aesthetic designs and each creation is imbued with an ethereal quality. Inspired by the various facets of the human form, his sculptures are as distinct as they can be.
Taking him into an imaginary realm, the process of creation of his masterpieces gives him a feeling of sheer exhilaration. Some of his creations are on display at the National Gallery of Modern Art, Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi and ChitrakalaParishad, Bangalore.
- Graduated from Government College of Art and Craft, Calcutta, 1957
- Lalit Kala Academy (Delhi)
- Academy of Fine Arts (Calcutta)
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture (Calcutta)
- All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (Delhi)