Born in Chennai in 1942, Raman is an alumni of the Government College of Arts and Crafts, Chennai. He still resides in the very same house where he lived as a child and for the past four decades he has used the house as his studio as well. An accomplished artist, Raman has an affinity for details and colourful figures. Much of his work refers back to the design of traditional Indian art. Hindu mythology has also featured strongly in his work. He has an interest in Christian imagery and his works include several depictions of Christ. G. Raman uses colour to enhance the significance of his line work and this feature is what sets him apart from other South Indian artists.
- Class Diploma in Sheet Metal
- 1963 - General Drawing ( Painting ) IIClass
- 1966 - I Class Diploma in fine arts
- 1967 - I Class Diploma in Advance Painting government College of Arts and Crafts , Chennai
UntitledG RamanFigurative, Traditional and folk₹120,000.0048" x 36"
UntitledG RamanFigurative, Traditional and folk₹120,000.0036" x 48"
UntitledG RamanFigurative, Traditional and folk₹147,500.0059" x 36"
UntitledG RamanFigurative, Traditional and folk₹250,000.0060" x 60"
UntitledG RamanFigurative, Traditional and folk₹131,000.0054" x 35"
- 1989 - Sakshi Gallery, Chennai
- 1990 Grindlays Bank , Chennai
- 1990 Maxmuller Bhavan , Chennai
- 1992 Heritage Chennai
- 1993 Birla Academy of Art Culture – Calcutta
- 2000 Birla Academy of Art and Culture Mumbai
- 2001 Bhaskar - Art Gallery , Singapore
- 2002 www. Art Exquisite .com, Singapore