Niladri Paul's work bears ample testimony to his talent, integrity and awareness of his surrounding reality. Deriving inspiration from everyday life, he captures vividly the mood and spirit of his subjects. His style is characterized by minimum, controlled strokes to capture the fleeting thought of the moment.
“I have been painting for as long as I can remember. Even before I knew it was called art. From the moment I first held a pencil in my hand, I started doodling, much to the exasperation of my parents and teachers. I would draw on anything and everything, from blank papers, walls, newspapers, sand and of course sketch books also at times , when provided. So it was a natural progression to join the art college and learn the fine nuances of the craft. And thus started the colourful journey of my life’’
“His constant fascination with the performing arts led him to begin the still ongoing endeavour of translating the ever-evolving movements, rhythm, and sound onto the canvas. His contemporary application and sensibilities combined with this hugely complex and all encompassing subject led to a style of painting that bridged the gap between figurative and abstract art..”
- Graduated from the Govt. College of Arts and Craft, Calcutta, 1986.
UntitledNiladri PaulFigurative, Contemporary, Portrait, Impressionist₹633,000.0048 " x 38"
UntitledNiladri PaulFigurative, Contemporary, Portrait₹1,000,000.0060" x 48"
UntitledNiladri PaulFigurative, Contemporary, Portrait, Impressionist₹1,400,000.0077" x 54"
UntitledNiladri PaulFigurative, Contemporary, Portrait, Impressionist₹416,500.0030" x 40"
UntitledNiladri PaulFigurative, Contemporary, Portrait, Impressionist₹300,000.0024" x 36"
UntitledNiladri PaulFigurative, Contemporary, Portrait, Impressionist₹95,800.0012" x 23"
- Awarded the Senior Fellowship by the Ministry Of Culture , Government Of India in 2012 for 2 years.
- 2012 ‘Sutradhaar’ at the Vinnyasa Art Gallery , Chennai
- 2010 'Sutradhaar', Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2009 ART n FASHION at Priya & Chintan Studio , Mumbai
- 2008 'Raas Malazz', Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 2006 Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2005 ‘Symphony in Color’, Sridharani, Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi
- 2004 ‘Transcending Rhythms at the Art Indus Art Gallery, Santushti, New Delhi
- 2003 ‘Transcending Rhythms’, Art Indus, New Delhi and Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2000 Art Indus, New Delhi
- 1999 Alliance Francaise , Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 1999 Art Indus, New Delhi
- 1998 Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1997 ‘Watercolors and Portraits’, Chitrakala, Singapore
- 1996 Gallery 42, New Delhi
- 1995 Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1994 Gallery 42, New Delhi
- 1994 World Trade Center, Singapore
- 1992 Jharokha Art Gallery, New Delhi
- 2013 group show titled NAMASTE by the Alfa Art Gallery , New Jeresy , USA
- 2013 ALIMPSET PORTAITS at the Religare Art Gallery , New Delhi
- 2009 Beyond Artz , Catherine Place London
- 1996 Annual Exhibitions, Sahitya Kala Parishad
- 1991 Triveni Kala Sangam , New Delhi
- 1987 Annual Art Fair, Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata
- 1986 Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata