Based in Pune, Maharashtra Sandeep Chhatraband loves to portray the ghats of Varanasi using water colours and acrylics on canvas. “The 'Ghats of Varanasi' are unique, tranquil as well as full of energy. I have been to Varanasi many times and almost in every season of year. The changing hues of Varansi are so exciting that I experience vivid transformation every second. I found joy in on the spot painting at ghats and have many on the spot works in my collection. The flow and crowd of people is so eloquent that it is really fun to depict it. I love capturing those minds in watercolor and acrylic.”
The artist has participated in various solo and group shows over the last 20 years. And has also been the recipient of various awards honouring his talent.
- A.T.D • G.D.Arts • Dip.A.Ed
UntitledSandeep ChhatrabandRealism, Traditional and folk₹116,800.0051"x 33"
UntitledSandeep ChhatrabandRealism, Traditional and folk₹116,800.0051" x 33"
UntitledSandeep ChhatrabandRealism, Traditional and folk₹400,000.00120" x 48"
- 2013 American Watercolour Society,America
- 2011 Bombay Art Society,Mumbai
- 2007 12th National Youth Festival,Pune
- 2006 A. Art Exhibition,Kalasagar art collage Pune
- 2006 Pradarshak Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- 2005 Nashik Kalaniketan, Nashik.
- 2004 Maharashtra State Award
- 2003 - Chitari Academy, Pune
- 2003 Landscape on the spot Competition, Satara
- 2002 Landscape on the spot Competition, Satara.
- 2018- International Kala Mela, Delhi
- 2018- HT Imagine Fest, Delhi
- 2014 - Jehangir Art gallery, Mumbai
- 2011 - Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Art gallery, Pune
- 2011 - Jehangir Art gallery, Mumbai
- 2010 - DDnero Art Gallery , Mumbai