Shreya Mehta is an award-winning fine artist who explores, in her vibrant and varied works, the social issues of identity, gender, power and spirituality. Her art has been exhibited across the globe, from the Indian Consulate in New York to the private collection of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
In fact, Mehta secured her place at the Royal Academy of Art in Belgium as the first woman of Indian origin, graduating with none other than the prestigious V.R.I.K.A Award. Born in India, raised and trained in Belgium, and now living and working in New York, Mehta brings a global perspective and a positive touch to all her endeavors. She creates both representational and abstract works thus defying categorization through constant, energetic change and an inquisitive nature.
- BA in Fine Arts:Royal Academy of Arts, Antwerp, Belgium – May 1996
- MA in Fine Arts: Royal Academy of Arts, Antwerp, Belgium – May 1998
- Degree focus – Mixed Media, Textiles, Print making and Large scale installations
- Graduate Gemologist: Gemological Institute of America – May 2010
Third Eye ChakraShreya MehtaAbstract, Contemporary₹65,000.0022" x 22"
Smoke Art (Orange)Shreya MehtaAbstract, Contemporary₹65,000.0018" x 22"
Smoke Art (Green)Shreya MehtaAbstract, Contemporary₹65,000.0022" x 22"
Solar Plexus ChakraShreya MehtaAbstract, Contemporary₹65,000.0018" x 22"
- 2016: Honored by Sri Sri Ravi Shanker, founder of Art of Living, for layered artwork
- 2015: March: honored by Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi in New Delhi, for artwork
- 2014: Honored by Consul General D. Mulay of India, NY
- 2014: NYC Citizen Citation
- 1997: Awarded “V.R.I.K.A.” – National Arts Award - Belgium
- 2014: Solo Art show at Indian Consulate NY: Spirit of Shakti
- 1996: Solo Art show ABN Bank, Belgium
- 2018: Art Fair: World Art Dubai 2018
- 2017: Clio Art Fair : Chelsea NYC's leading art fair for independent artists
- 2017: Art Fair: World Art Dubai, 2017
- 2016: Art Fair: Jaipur Art Summit, RJ, India
- 2015: Group Art Exhibit at Galerie Art Eterne, New Delhi, India
- 2015: Group Art Exhibit – St. Regis NY
- 2015: June: Group exhibit - Aicon Gallery ,NY
- 2014: Confluence 2015’ art finalist (Indian curated show) at Lalit Art Academy
- 2010-2013: Scarsdale Schools, V. President of PTA
- 2001: Group Exhibit – Visual Arts Center, Summit, NJ
- 1999: Group exhibit, East Brunswick, NJ – Suburban Art Guild
- 1997: Installation art at Hemiksem, Belgian Monastery