Based in Hyderabad, Sreekanth Kurva is known for his portrayal of animals using mixed media. Having spent his growing up years at his family farm, Kurva has a rare insight and talent to link human feelings and expressions with those of animals and recreate what he observes through the use of different media, material, textures and colour.
Bulls, roosters, rabbits, goats and fish are among some of the animals that have earned his deepest attention. He captures their spirit, their moods and their passion in a way that is easy for the viewer to relate to but complicated enough to make a lasting impression. His creatures come wrapped with human personality, a myriad of emotions and laced with a certain wit. The simplicity of form, the pulsating colours, the use of mixed media, swatches of fabric and paper, all collude with a method as though planned. His experience in the printing industry gives much impetus to his ability to create striking collages. A true Hyderabadi, his works manifest a decorative sensibility peculiar to artists from the region. His works are not culture-specific or culturally limiting but have a universal appeal and magical reality.
- 1994 passed BFA in Painting with Frist Class with Distinction from College of Fine Art,JNTU,Hyderabad.
- 1996 MFA in Graphics,Faculty of Fine Arts,M.S.University,Baroda.
UntitledSreekanth KurvaContemporary, Realism₹360,000.0048"x36"
- 1988 award by lalitha kala samithi,andhra pradesh.
- 1997 Hyderabad Art Society, AIFACS,New Delhi.
- 1997 Hyderabad Art Society award held at All India Art Exhibition,Hyderabad.
- 1998 South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagar.
- 1999 P.S Telugu University,Nampally,Hyd.
- 2003 P.S Telugu University,Nampally,Hyd.
- 2000 Art core Gallery,Baroda.
- 2002 Daira art Gallery,Hyderabad.
- 2005 Shrishti Art Gallery,Hyderabad.
- 2007 Tulika Art Gallery,Hyderabad.
- Many group shows